Marty’s Pizza Base Recipe
Since posting on Instagram about Marty’s pizza and how good it is, I’ve had a few friends request the recipe to make the dough. So here it is, from the man himself. Let me know how it turns out or tag #martyspizzabase on your Instagram photos.
1.5 cups of plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp of mixed herbs
To make activated yeast:
1 teaspoon of yeast powder
1 cup of water (lukewarm)
Pinch of sugar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- With the powdered yeast, add 1 cup of lukewarm water and a good pinch of sugar.
- After 5 minutes, it will froth up then you add the flour mixture.
- Once the dough has been mixed and it’s not sticky, put it to a clean bowl then add a swirl of EVOO and cover with a damp cloth in a warm position in the kitchen for around 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and then place it on a holey pizza tray. Then add your desired toppings. (Pro Tip: Don’t go too heavy on the toppings)
- Cook for 8 mins at 190 degrees Celsius in a fan forced oven.
- To test if it’s cooked, tap the side of the base, if it’s hard, then it’s done.