Go out with (someone in whom one is romantically or sexually interested).
The customary code of polite behaviour in society.
Now that we’ve covered the basics let’s discuss what Men should and shouldn’t do on a first date.
- DON’T ask to split the bill. Firstly if you’re asking a woman out on a date, especially the first one, it is expected that you should be a gentleman and pick up the bill. If you’re suggesting to go dutch, then don’t expect to see her again.
- DON’T forget your wallet. Whether it’s on purpose or not, it’s a turn off.
- DON’T take her to a place where all your friends hangout and then spend most of the date talking to them instead of her.
- DON’T touch your phone unless you’re showing her something. Don’t even think about texting back friends or taking phone calls. *Yawn*
- DO offer to pick her up. Whether you plan on drinking or not, even offering to collect her in a taxi shows off your chivalry.
- DON’T talk too much about yourself.
- DON’T talk so much that she can’t even get a word in. The conversation needs to work two ways.
- DON’T suggest that the first date be at your place or at hers. IT’S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!
- DON’T check out other girls on the date or chat up the waitress. Shows how uninterested you are in getting to know her.
- DO be honest! We don’t want to find out later that you have a girlfriend at home, or worse a wife.